MPSHome
Marshall-U
Facility Location(s)
Address / Intersection Opened Closed
1313 5th St SE 1924 1982

 

Description

Named after John Marshall, an American statesman, Judge, and secretary of state. He was born on September 24th, 1755. Marshall was built in 1924.

University High, 15th Ave. SE, a high school created in 1908 as a lab for the University College of Education, merged with Marshall in September 1968 and it then became known as Marshall-University High in the the Minneapolis Public School system. Marshall-U closed in 1982. Marshall High School building is now being used by Dinkytown Technical Center.

University High located in  Peik Hall now contains the College of Education Curriculum and Instruction Department.